1. - Beaches Aquatic CenterLocated in Atlantic Beach, not too far from Jacksonville, this awesome facility is known for group fitness sessions, swimming lessons and those longed-for splash parks and pools for families with younger kiddos. Beaches Aquatic Center has been around for fifty-five years and boasts a gas heated 220,000 gallon pool, which stays cozy at around eighty-two degrees for those who enjoy swimming year round. Beaches also hosts competitive swim meats if you are in the market for a little competition.
2. - Sunshine Park & Splash PadLocated near Jax Beach, Sunshine Park & Splash Pad offers a playground for the kiddos as well as a splash pad. For those who enjoy sports such as basketball, tennis and volleyball, this is the place to be. Enjoy a picnic beneath one of six picnic shelters or the scenic gazebo.
3. - Spring Park PoolGreen Cove Springs is home to Spring Park Pool, which has recently undergone a massive renovation in order to provide the perfect aquatic experience for you and your family. Spring Park is located along gorgeous St. Johns River, just one block east of City Hall. Families may also enjoy a playground and picnic after a relaxing day in the pool.
4. - Jacksonville Zoo & GardenThere is no place like the Jacksonville Zoo. Located in the heart of Jacksonville, this educational facility also affords opportunities for families to enjoy splash pads sprinkled throughout the Zoo. Jacksonville Zoo & Garden is also a great venue for birthday parties and other celebratory events.
5. - Kathryn Abby Hanna ParkLocated on Wonderwood Drive in Atlantic Beach, Kathryn Abby Hanna Park is home to 1.5 miles of gorgeous beach and The Poles, northeast Florida's premier surfing spot. The park is also home to Dolphin Plaza, which serves as a picturesque location for family reunions, wedding receptions, senior pictures, corporate retreats and other group activities. Hanna Park boasts twenty plus miles of hiking and biking trails as well. There is something here for everyone!
Related: "Interpreting the AC Alphabet"